The past few days (February 1st-4th) have been the most exciting, most busy days we have had in a really long time. The month started out by cheering on our hometeam, the Cardinals, at the Superbowl! Scotts dream came true, well except they lost...but it was still a good game!
About halfway through the game, we got the call that my sister-in-law, Holly, was in labor and was admitted into the hospital! So I rushed out of the house to the hospital. Thats where I spent the rest of the night. We welcomed little Elijah into the world early Monday morning, Febraury 2. Holly did AMAZING, and Elijah is adorable! Here are the proud parents! Congratulations Tony and Holly!
Baby Elijah
Holding my new nephew, oh he is so sweet!
I got back home around 4am Monday morning and I took a quick 2 hour nap (which I don't know why I even bothered, I felt better before I slept). I woke up around 7am, did a load of laundry, packed everyone up, and we left for California!
Baby Elijah
I got back home around 4am Monday morning and I took a quick 2 hour nap (which I don't know why I even bothered, I felt better before I slept). I woke up around 7am, did a load of laundry, packed everyone up, and we left for California! We stopped at the dinasaur rest stop and Rylee was thrilled to see the dinasaurs! I kept telling her, oh you just wait until we get to Disneyland!

We made it to Anaheim around 4pm and we spent the evening walking around Downtown Disney.
We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. This is the point where my exhaustion started kicking in....and we still had to walk back to our hotel...

The view from our room! It was awesome, we could see the entire park! Thanks Papa and Grammie!

Tuesday morning, Rylee's 3rd Birthday, we went to Disneyland!! It was amazing. They gave Rylee a button to wear that said Happy Birthday with her name on it. So all day people were constantly telling her "Happy Birthday, Rylee!!" They really made it special for her!

Our new mouse ears

And Scott's new hat...His hat says it all.

Dumbo! The ride not Scott, lol!

The merry-go-round

Meeting Mickey Mouse!!

We had to wait for Minnie Mouse in Toon Town so Scott took Rylee on the Rollercoaster to test if she could do some of the bigger rides...sure enough she LOVED it!

Playing in Minnie's House. She had a tea party.

Minnie and her #1 fan.

She was so excited to meet Goofy too (my personal favorite)

The teas cups were probably Rylee's favorite ride of the day! She loved spinning, which is why I avoided the ride. Haylee and I sat out for this one.

The castle

She was pooped, her nap consisted of sleeping on the way to the next ride.
Pirates of the Carribean. We were AMAZED they let Haylee on this ride!! She loved it too, she was screaming (in a happy way) and dancing the whole time.
Rylee was a tad too short for Splash Mountain but we figured with her mouse ears on she would get on just fine. And she did! So Rylee and I rode it together. This was probably her 2nd favorite ride. I am surprised she didn't freak after that drop but the second we hit the bottom she yelled, "Let's do it again!" You can somewhat see Rylee's mouse ears in the pic.

She also rode the Matterhorn with Daddy!

Her Birthday dinner

And Birthday cake!
We also stayed for the show, Fantasmic, but the batteries died in our camera so no pics. It was a great show! Our day at Disneyland was more than I imagined. I thought we would spend the day trading off watching Haylee while the other took Rylee on a ride. But Haylee did just about everything we did. Plus, I was amazed that Rylee loved the big scary rides and she loved seeing all of the characters. It was a perfect day!

Pirates of the Carribean. We were AMAZED they let Haylee on this ride!! She loved it too, she was screaming (in a happy way) and dancing the whole time.
Rylee was a tad too short for Splash Mountain but we figured with her mouse ears on she would get on just fine. And she did! So Rylee and I rode it together. This was probably her 2nd favorite ride. I am surprised she didn't freak after that drop but the second we hit the bottom she yelled, "Let's do it again!" You can somewhat see Rylee's mouse ears in the pic.
She also rode the Matterhorn with Daddy!

Her Birthday dinner

And Birthday cake!
We also stayed for the show, Fantasmic, but the batteries died in our camera so no pics. It was a great show! Our day at Disneyland was more than I imagined. I thought we would spend the day trading off watching Haylee while the other took Rylee on a ride. But Haylee did just about everything we did. Plus, I was amazed that Rylee loved the big scary rides and she loved seeing all of the characters. It was a perfect day!The next day we had to leave but we made a quick stop at the beach so the girls could see the ocean for the 1st time.
We still find it funny that we were about to reschedule our trip to Californina because we didn't want to miss the birth of our newest nephew. (When we planned to go to Disneyland for Rylee's birthday, the day she would get in free, we assumed Elijah would be here before his due date, February 1st.) But each day that passed that he didn't come we became more and more anxious not knowing what would happen. And just hours before we had to call the hotel to cancel, Holly went into labor. What luck, huh? It's amazing how everything worked out just perfectly, minus a little lack of sleep! This was such a great trip...we are so bummed it's over already. Time goes by way too fast. We couldn't believe how quickly the days went by! Back to regular life now...

The second I sat Haylee down she instantly scooped up the sand and put it right in her mouth!
















No comments:
Post a Comment