January 15, 2009
It's meat, Mama, not chicken.
Scott has been in Colorado for the past few days and after two full days of Rylee's constant whining, I about had it. (She gets into these whiney moods sometimes and it's hard to snap her out of it.) On the evening of day 2, Rylee and I were sitting at the table, just the two of us, eating dinner. She was whining on and on, and on, and on. One of the things that she whined about that evening was the fact that I called the piece of chicken I gave her, chicken, instead of calling it meat. "Nooooo Maaaaamaaaa. It's meeeeeeat, Maaaamaaa. Not chicken." Anywho, I admit, my nerves were shot. I looked across the table at this tiny little person whining at me and instead of trying to explain that chicken is a type of meat, I instantly started laughing. It was just me and this little tiny person who was sitting in a huge chair at the huge table. Just us. I thought, "How could I let this little tiny person, that I love and adore, annoy me this much?" Her cute little head was all I could see sitting across from me. I just laughed and laughed and she thought I was rather silly, maybe it was part of me losing my mind. But I was refreshed with the thought that these little tiny people can, at times, be annoying, and at times it's hard, but in the end these tiny people are the ones we love with all our hearts and souls. I love her more than I can put into words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I love this sweet shared moment. I'm glad that "losing your mind" resulted in laughter.
Can you believe our babies are 11 months old today?
Post a Comment