December 31, 2013

December

December wasn't so great this year, it was the month of sickness in our house. Out of the 25 days leading up to Christmas, only 8 of them we were all well! Starting the day after Thanksgiving, Rylee started running a fever and was sick for 4 days. 

Our Elf, Jonah, still made his grand return on the 1st though. The kids were so excited to see him back.
Once Rylee was better, 2 days later Zach was running a fever and that same day I got a call from the school that Haylee had been falling asleep at her desk and even took a nap in the nurse's office. She was obviously getting sick too so I went and picked her up from school and within an hour it hit me too! We all 3 were better by the weekend so we made our trip to The Cheesecake Factory for my very favorite Peppermint Bark Cheesecake. We had fun visiting Santa that day too.
That Sunday night Rylee started complaining her throat hurt and by morning she had a fever! I couldn't believe she caught it again! By Tuesday night she sounded awful, her voice sounded like something was stuck in her throat. So Wednesday morning I took her to the doctor and she most definitely had strep throat. That evening was their school's Christmas concert that she sadly had to miss! I took Haylee and she looked adorable in her dress and was very cute up on stage. We sure missed Rylee though and Daddy who had to stay home with the sickie!!
Rylee made it back to school on Friday, and Saturday we went to my Mom's to celebrate her birthday and decorate cookies.
We also cut out snowflakes and my cousin just "went for it", and made this...
And then he made this. Wannabe Santa. The brother that didn't make the cut. With his jet plane. They even made a short film to explain his story.
Haylee made these....there are cookies under that pile of candy somewhere!
 
That day Zach was complaining about his butt and we noticed he had a rash. We put some baby powder (he called it Butt Sugar. So funny) on it but it didn't get any better and it was strange he had a rash in the first place! Then it occurred to me it may be strep and just broke out there. I took him to the doctor and sure enough it was! Then that Monday it hit me! I woke up with a sore throat and it just got worse all day until it knocked me down with a fever of 103 and tonsils completely swollen and gross. Since it was almost Christmas I went to the doctor for antibiotics so I wouldn't be contagious anymore but it still took 3 days to get over it. I was completely miserable! 
At some point during that week, Scott took his first flight with his Dad in his airplane!
We were all well the weekend before Christmas so we made and decorated cookies.
We didn't share them though because the amount of drool that went into the frosting from licking the knives they were most likely "strep cookies".
Sunday night Scott complained his throat hurt and by morning he was miserable. We got him to the doctor asap but it took a day before he felt better. So he missed Christmas Eve Eve service at church with us. So sad!
But my Mom and Aunt joined us and it was wonderful. I love the candlelit service!
By Christmas Eve Scott was back to himself and not contagious so we headed over to his parents to celebrate.
My girls and I
We had a wonderful night at his parents house, except instead of a Christmas tree we had a Christmas table. ;) We were so thankful we were all healthy and got to go! This was the only picture we got from the night, Haylee snuggled up with Grammie and immediately passed out.
We got home and the kids unwrapped their Christmas PJs. And for the first time ever, Haylee woke up and was happy for this picture! (Zach is leaping for joy)
Christmas morning they woke us up around 5:30am announcing Santa came! Let the present unwrapping begin!
Zach was SO excited to open up the airplane he asked for!
The best moment was when Haylee unwrapped the present from her Dad and leaped into his arms in appreciation!
This guy is one lucky husband. I love him, he's spoiled.
The kids discovered a box in our backyard and when they unwrapped it they screamed in excitement....a trampoline!!
Then we all had Christmas breakfast together
And headed to my Mom's for Christmas with my family.
Santa didn't put the trampoline together (lazy...) so the next day Scott spent a few hours getting it set up. They kids were so happy. It's so fun!
Just a cute picture of our boy helping daddy.
We then headed up to the cabin. There was no snow at all at the cabin so on the way up we pulled over at the first patch we saw to throw a few snowballs.
When we got there, they found that Santa stopped their too and they each had a few more presents to open!
We drove up to Showlow to visit my Dad and we all went sledding. We weren't sure we'd find snow but up by Sunrise there was enough to sled!
We all went down except Rylee who took a ton of convincing to go, Zach hated it after the snow got in his face on the first time down, and Haylee was so brave and just kept going and going! Scott even took Cruiser down a few times!
On the ride home the girls passed out with my Aunt Denise.
While we were driving we randomly started talking about kettle corn and the fact that I didn't get any this fall. (I love it) We stopped at the store (not for kettle corn, for coffee), and I ran in and when I came out this fresh bag of kettle corn was sitting on my seat. There was a stand just outside the store selling it freshly made and Scott surprised me with it. I was thrilled!
Since there was no snow but it was cold outside we spent the days inside and make Rainbow Loom bracelets. Scott even got in on it.
The kids new jammies
Keeping warm by the fire.
 
We decided to try having a fire outside and making s'mores. We honestly thought we'd get too cold and head back in quickly but surprisingly it was very warm so we had fun hanging out!
 
On New Years Eve I completed the resolution I made last New Years...to read the whole bible in a year! I did it!
I must add that out of everyone, Haylee was the only one that didn't get Strep! I don't know how she lucked out but thankful she didn't catch it!

No comments: