Now that Zach is 5 months old, here is what he's been up to!
He's sort of sitting on his own! He has to be balanced and watched closely but we can prop him up for a few seconds! Same thing with standing too, he'll hold on to the edge of the couch and stand! Not before long, he will be all over the place. I am taking in every last second of his floppy baby stage, I will miss it!
About 2 weeks ago, we decided to start Zach on cereal to see if it helped with his crankiness. He was still eating about every 2 hours throughout the day and suddenly stopped sleeping through the night. So that was our deciding factor to try solids thinking he is just hungry and needs more food. The first time, he devoured it! He took to the spoon without any trouble and he wolfed the entire bowl. Although, two hours later he was hungry again and it hasn't changed his eating or sleeping habits a bit! He's just a growing boy! Fast metabolism, I say!
First Bites
He is also rolling over now!
First Bites
He is also rolling over now! Once he finally flipped from his back to his tummy he was a pro.
I took Zach to his well-check appointment and he is 16 lbs 4 oz and is 28 inches long! He is in the 50th percentile for weight but the 97th for height! He is super long and based on that number and the size of his feet, we think he is going to be very tall. I talked to his doctor about his crankiness and how loud he screams. She says that since he is perfectly healthy and growing beautifully he is just a very demanding boy. The cranky part is just who he is. Since he stops crying the second we figure out what he wants, then he just wants what he wants and will cry until he gets it. We just have to figure out what it is he wants, thats the hard part. It was a relief to hear this! I feel like for months I have been stressing about what is wrong with him and what I should do to help him. Now I feel like I can relax and know my baby is ok, he just cries louder than most!








4 comments:
I love it all! I check your blog alot but dont always comment! Love U :)
PS...You were 28" at 7 months...!
I'm so glad you check it, I wasn't sure if you did very often! So based on my measurements, Zachary should be at least 6 feet tall. No wonder he's always eating. He's going to eat us out of house and home!
P.S....Love you too =)
Post a Comment