January 21, 2011

Weekend in Greer

My Mom and Aunt rented a cabin for the weekend in Greer and invited us! We were so excited to spend a weekend in the snow! The minute we got there the girls were anxious to put on their snow gear and make snow angels and snowmen.

The snow was pretty packed and hard so it didn't work very well. The next day we went sledding. It was a Saturday so the hill was packed full of people. There was a large group there that would go down the hill and hike back up the middle of it so it made it hard to sled down. We only went down a few times and left. The girls liked it, it was hard convincing Rylee to go down anything but the small hill. I took her down the big hill once but she made a big scene at the top of the hill exclaiming "I Hate this!" I convinced her to try it and when we got to the bottom she was giggling and saying "Let's do it again!!" She found a snowball while we hiked up the hill and saved it all the way down and the hike back to everyone because it was perfect to throw at Daddy. She got him too. (She is seen here carrying it)
We also left early because Zach was cranky and someone had to swing him in his carseat at all times. He sure looked cute though!
We went the Greer Lodge to have lunch. It was perfect, there wasn't anyone there (so we weren't stressed about Zach crying) and it had a gorgeous view of the pines and creek.
Some more people came in for lunch so I had to step outside with Zach while everyone finished their lunch. We just paced the balcony enjoying the fresh air... =)
When we got back from lunch we were all just sitting around and suddenly there was a loud knocking at the window. We all looked and my Uncle Terry surprised us and joined us for the weekend too!

(Denise is seen here "patting" Terry in Haylee fashion.)That evening the snow had melted enough through the day that the girls were able to build a snowgirl.Sunday morning the girls found this piece of fabric and loved being tied up together.
We went back to the sledding hill and it was practically empty so we had a lot more fun that day! Plus Zach fell asleep so it was a lot easier to enjoy ourselves. Scott and I even went down the hill together. Not the greatest idea...but fun!
Haylee hated getting snow in her face but she still loved going! Terry and Scott then got creative so they could get some "cool" pictures...

This is the "Look Ma, no hands shot"

Terry going down backwards

Scott said the look of terror in Terry's eyes convinced him to go down on his stomach rather than backwards. Denise and Rylee raced Haylee and I. They won...
We found a side hill that curved around and had huge jumps. Scott got great air, landed the jump and I got the shot of the day.
When we got back to the cabin the snow was perfect for building a snowman.
So we built the Snow Nave Family.

My Baby

Zach's first time in snow. I think he enjoyed it!?

1 comment:

BrieAnn said...

I love Greer. My grandpa grew up in the house that is now the White Mountain Lodge. It looks like you had so much fun!