October 14, 2009

Is he home YET?

(These pictures have nothing to do with the post, except I took them while Scott was gone and I thought they were super cute!)

Scott has been out of town for the past few days and the saying "absence makes the heart grow founder," is true. When he is gone, I am reminded how much I appreciate him. I am used to doing the everyday wife/mom/house stuff but there are certain things that Scott just normally does. So here are just a few things I notice I miss (besides his cute face of course)....
- The rule "I cook, you clean" does not apply anymore. I cook, I clean. Therefore I am not as excited to cook.
- Any dishes I don't feel like doing throughout the day, I can't leave them in the sink in hopes he won't notice they aren't a part of the dinner dishes, and do them too. Nope, the dishes just sit there forever, and pile up.
- When the trash stinks, I have to take it out. I am really good at balancing trash on top of a full can but there comes a point when my skillz don't work anymore and I must take it out.
- When a child won't go to bed I have to figure out how to be that soft, warm, snuggly Daddy who has this magic ability to put a kid to sleep in 5 mins.
- When a child wakes up in the middle of the night there is no one to nudge and say "she wants you."
- My only protection is our dog, Cruiser, that BARKS ALL NIGHT LONG (and day) when Scott is gone. Cruiser is the man of the house right now. In fact he's barking as I type this.
- Every single poopy butt is all for me to change.
- There are no empty (or almost full) soda cans left around the house to pick up in the morning. Ok scratch that, I don't miss that.
- The only thing snoring next to me at night is the dog. Well that is if he's not barking.

No comments: